The Bermuda Beaches are about 650 miles off the east coast of the United States, far north of other Caribbean Islands and the Caribbean Sea – but the 120 islands of Bermuda have a Caribbean feel.
It's glowing waters and pink sand beaches rival those of more tropical climates. It is one of the most densely populated destinations in the world and one of the most beautiful.
In Bermuda they strictly regulate automobiles to one per household and tourists cannot rent cars. The most popular method of getting around the Bermuda streets and the Bermuda Beaches is by moped and others take taxis and buses that are available to tourists and islanders alike.
I have a few friends that lived in Bermuda and they wouldn't live anywhere else, they love everything about the beautiful Bermuda Beaches and the Bermuda people.
Things To Do In Bermuda
• Of course The Things To In Bermuda have to start with the many Bermuda beaches and great food in this caribbean paradise. This is a great vacation destination for kids and the whole family. Here are some or the top things to do on this wonderful island.
• The best way to see the island is on two wheels. Scooter rentals are available at several places in the city, and you will love exploring all the gorgeous countryside and beaches.
• Take the kids to swim with the Dolphins! You will all have a blast interacting with and playing alongside the graceful Bottlenose Dolphins, with the safe guidance of experienced trainers.
• Go to the capital city of Hamilton to do your shopping, some of the best shopping in the World and a lot great history in Hamilton.
• Take the kids and see the Bermuda Maritime Museum, its set within a six-acre fortress at the edge of the Royal Naval Dockyard. Your children will love crossing the moat into the large historic fort.
• Bermuda has one of the highest concentrations of Limestone Caves in the world. You'll enjoy visiting Crystal Caves — This breathtaking underground cavern is 120 feet below the surface. Don't forget to take your camera.
• If you're a golfer, this might be your favorite vacation destination Bermuda has more Golf Courses per square mile than any other place in the world. Golfers have been drawn to this beautiful island for more than 70 years for it's amazing golf courses.
If you're a golfer, checkout our new page,
Cheap Golf Vacations.
The beautiful Bermuda Beaches were first discovered in 1503 by a Spanish explorer, Juan de Bermudez, which of course is where the name Bermuda comes from.
Bermuda's history started when in 1609, Admiral Sir George Somers sailed from Plymouth, England with a fleet bound for Virginia. After several weeks, they ran into a storm and the fleet became seperated. Admiral Somers' ship had become badly damaged and was taking on water, but managed to spot a tiny island, Bermuda.
Sir George guided the ship toward the island where, they became grounded on one of the many coral reefs which surround Bermuda. They managed to get safely to shore where they watched as their battered ship slowly sank. The island was later colonized in 1612 by the third charter of the Virginia Company.
The city of Hamilton, located in the center of the island became the capital of Bermuda in 1815. On your Bermuda vacations you will want to visit the city of Hamilton. Today, it is known for it's many first-class restaurants, offering a variety of fine cuisine and having some of the finest shopping available anywhere, providing savings on such things as clothing, perfume, watches, jewelery, crystal and much more.
Bermuda Vacation Review
Here's what one couple had to say about their trip to the Bermuda Beaches!
"Just returned from our cruise to Bermuda. The time spent on that wonderful Island was too short, we didn't even want to get back on the cruise ship. The Bermuda beaches were so beautiful, I 've never seen pink sand before. And if you have kids, every part of the island felt very safe. We can't wait to go back and spend much more time enjoying this amazing place. The Island, the people, the entire experience was beyond our expectations.
Looking forward to visiting Bermuda again very soon." - Linda and Gary.
Best Bermuda Beaches
The Bermuda Beaches are some of the most beautiful I have been to in my life. The light pink colored sand stretches for about a mile at Elbow Beach (picture to the right), one of the most popular beaches in Bermuda.
There are five great resorts that sit directly on Elbow Beach. Because protective coral reefs surround it, Elbow Beach is one of the safest beaches on the island for water-sports, swimming and snorkeling, be sure to take the kids.
The greatest concentration of the pinkish colored sand is found in South Shore Park; a coastal park that stretches for 1.5 miles from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay.
Other notable Bermuda Beaches include John Smith’s Bay, Astwood Cove, Shelly Bay Beach, Somerset Long Bay and West Whale Bay. Church Bay and Tobacco Bay Beach are known for their particularly good snorkeling.
Bermuda Vacation Packages
Visitors never run out of things to do in Bermuda - enjoy golf, scuba diving, boating, sightseeing and much more all on this wonderful small island. And when you need a break from all the activities, sit back and relax on the pink sand beaches and enjoy a cup of tea or an island drink.
More Great Vacations
| Aruba | Bahamas | Belize | Brazil | California | Cancun | Caribbean |
Costa Rica | Daytona Beach | Florida | Jamaica | Las Vegas | Maui | Miami
| New York | Orlando | Puerto Rico | Virgin Islands |
| All Inclusive Vacations | Casino Vacations | Cheapest Cruises |
Destination Weddings | Family Vacations | Golf Vacations
| Last Minute Vacations | Luxury Vacations | Romantic Vacations
| Ski Vacations | Spa Vacations | Top Beaches |
(Leave) Bermuda Beaches (Go To) Top Beaches of the World
(Leave) Bermuda Beaches (Go To) Online Travel Agent (Home)
Wyndham Bermuda Resorts
If you're looking for some of the finest resorts in the world, give The Wyndham Resort and Spa a try. Bermuda has some of the most beautiful resorts, this would be my choice.
Map of Bermuda
If you have enjoyed "Bermuda Beaches" and other pages of this Website please tell others by using the buttons below to share the information you find interesting and informative and please BOOKMARK for yourself and your easy return. TO LINK TO US - Copy the HTML code below and paste it into your site.
Return To The Top Of This Page